Tuesday 13 August 2013

Entry 1 (magazine)

The 7 Steps of Highly Cool People

Submitted to: Airil Haimi Mohd Adnan, tutor

In partial requirement for BEL 313,
Introduction to Critical Thinking.
Test #1, Semester 1 2013/2014,
Universiti Teknologi MARA, Seri
Iskandar Campus, Perak Darul Ridzuan.

Submitted by: Farah Farhana Binti Basir, UiTM # 2011214674

           Firstly, when I read the headline of the article ‘The 7 Steps of Highly Cool People’ I think it will be an interesting article and might help teenagers who want to be a cool person. But, when I read through the overall of this article. It’s ridiculous man!  Is it, it’s a 7 steps can make people to be cool?  To be honest, I didn’t found any statement to be cool but I found a few fallacies in this article. One of them is the author use a slippery slope.  It’s clearly showed that the effect of the smoking by stated “your teeth go yellow and gives a pungent stench to your sweat”.
           
          Next fallacy that I found is an appeal to ignorance. One of an example that the author use is “Because I am an adult and I know better” and “I am The Guru of Cool’”. The statement obviously showed that, there is no evidence or proof that he is a Guru of cool. Besides, not because he is an adult we should follow his step to make us to be cool. Might be him had a different opinion to be cool. 
            
          Lastly, in this article on the second step “I know, I know, some of you are allowed to drink alcohol when you come of age”, the statement clearly showed that the author use an appeal to common practice. For conclusion, I think this article can make others think about to be cool in a different perspective. 

(250 words)
FARA F


No comments:

Post a Comment